Chaitanya is the co-owner, founder and senior teacher at Studio Evolve Nelson, where he teaches weekly classes, practices therapeutic massage and created and leads their 200hr Teacher Training programs level One and Two.
Specialising in applied anatomy (the anatomy of movement) myofascial release and articular mobilization as a bodyworker for the last 18 years, he brings a great passion and understanding of anatomy, skeletal variation and how the body works to his classes, workshops and trainings. Combining this with thousands of hours of yoga teaching and study along with 25 years of intensive meditation practice with Enlightened Masters; Chaitanya has
a broad and experiential knowledge base, which he loves to share with humour and compassion on and off the mat addressing all aspects of our existence, body, mind and soul.
Presenter at various conferences, festivals and teacher trainings around the country, Chaitanya and his wife Bex, also run Evolve Festival, a biennial wellness event in the heart of Nelson dedicated to inspire, educate and transform individuals and communities. Chaitanya is also a member of the Yoga NZ council.
Title (Session 1) - Ego-The Great Death for More Life!
Explore the concepts of the ego- What is it? How does it develop and what is its function?
Where is the line between self-care, the guiding voice of your true self and the deceptive mind masquerading as a spiritual ego?
Discover what belief patterns you have chosen to take on to form your ego structure and sense of self and learn tools to break through to the impartial witness, true awareness and towards freedom in life.
Using Buddhist Zen kohen’s we invite the unravelling process of the “Great Death” of the mind.
- Gain an understanding of the Mind and Ego.
- Learn why it's so hard to stop the Mind.
- Understand how meditation affects the Ego.
- Explore deep rooted personal core beliefs.
- Learn practices/techniques that can be applied to any style of meditation and Yoga practice.
Title (Session 2) - Skeletal Variation
Come and learn about your unique & amazing skeleton. Explore its purpose and how its own individual shape and form reflect the possibility of doing, or not doing, different asana. What does “normal” mean in anatomical terms?
In this clinic we will work in groups, exploring skeletal variation and its effects on the range of motion in joints. but primarily in the hips. This will be a fun, hands on exploration of anatomy.
- Learn the 14 skeletal segments.
- Work with others to gain hands on experience of skeletal variations within a group.
- Distinguish the difference between tension and compression in the body.
- Improve your own internal perception of joints and bones.
- Improve your own personal asana practice to maximise benefits and reduce injury.
- Learn the difference between functional and aesthetic alignment.
- Intro into movement anatomy.