Sannyasi Pragyadhara is a yoga practitioner who has steeped herself in the rigorous and traditional yogic training of the ancient Gurukul system. Application and expression of this embodied wisdom in various settings include both academic settings and the wider community. Development and implementation of yoga curriculum, mentoring faculty and teacher trainees and delivering specialty workshops and yoga intensives.
Pure Yoga with Pragyadhara aims to share simple yet profound yogic tools to enrich a wide range of people’s lives, from those looking to gain better health to those wanting to transform their current situation. The teachings come from a strong platform of empowered knowledge reflecting pragmatic wisdom. The goals are to instruct, guide and mentor – to get alongside people, tune in to what they need and allow them a grounded, supportive space to transform in a natural way. Yoga classes aim to strike the perfect balance of traditional yogic knowledge to modern form, helping you apply thousands of years of ancient insight to your everyday life.
Aum shanti – Pragyadhara
Title (Session 1) - Practical yoga psychology in yoga teacher training
Drawing on a classical approach: Cultivating a meditative awareness in the training environment. This presentation discusses how practical yoga psychology drawing on meditative elements can serve the individual learner and the wider yoga community.
Internal and external methodologies - optimizing learning through pratyahara.
Transforming mental patterns safely - empowering student-centered learning.
By stimulating self reflection on the value of meditative elements in training we can continue to retain the essence of yogic teachings as a transformational technology beyond skin - that is beyond the focus on the physical.
I will describe aspects of practical yoga psychology. What that could look like in yoga teachers training, sharing specific ways in which to foster and develop self reflective awareness and ways to provide continuity in the yogic journey.
- Learn about practical yoga psychology
- Explore the relevance in Yoga Teachers Training and beyond.
- Share specific methods and techniques and lifestyle integration
- Identify and discuss challenges and benefits of incorporating practical yoga psychology.
Title (Session 2) - Embody meditation - Traditional wisdom in our modern world
Drawing on the classical tenets of meditation this practice based session will break down and highlight specific attributes in the skill-set of meditation bringing attention to the natural progression in the yogic path from healing to self development to spiritual awareness.
- Explore and gain understanding of the transformative power of traditional Yoga Nidra as a means to embody meditative awareness.
- Experience and gain an understanding of the specific attributes of meditation (pratyahara, relaxation, the witness quality, purification and awareness).
- Gain both experiential and theoretical knowledge of the Tantric basis of Yoga Nidra.
- Join the discussion on the progression in and barriers to, meditation, how these practices relate in different contexts and question and answers.