Vandana is a Yogini Acharya (Master of Yoga) trained at the prestigious Sivananda Yoga Academy in India, a Qualified Yoga Therapist and Ayurvedic Lifestyle Practitioner. Her vision is to provide a centre to encourage healing by using the ancient sciences of Yoga and Ayurveda.
Like many, Vandana’s world was caught up in the rat-race. With 20 years in high pressured jobs in the Finance, Sales and IT industries throughout England and New Zealand, she was running. Juggling more and more into each day, developing high blood pressure and autoimmune conditions, leading to a near burn out. It was her ancient wisdom of yoga which supported her back to health.
With 16 years of yoga experience, trained with great saints of India during 2006 -2009, Vandana has achieved her Master in yoga studies. Also awarded Top Yoga Therapy Student for 2012 with Wellpark College of Natural Therapies. Vandana’s knowledge of yoga therapy extends into her training with Birthlight for pregnancy, mother and baby yoga.
Title (Session 1) - Unveiling the 6 levels of the mind
Accordingly to Patanjali, there are 6 levels in which our thoughts (vritti's) circulate. Each level has a particular hold on our emotions. When we start to understand at which level we are thinking then we are able to rise above our holding patterns and make decisions that best serve us.
- Understanding the 6 levels of the mind according to Patanjali Yoga Sutra's.
- Understanding the western view of the mind.
- Which level of the mind affects the various dimensions of our life, physical, mental, emotional and wisdom.
- How karma and free will affects the 6 levels.
- Yogic practices to manage the 6 levels of the mind and how to transcend our innate detrimental patterns.