YogaNZ Discussion Panel
Title (Session 1) - The Yoga New Zealand Discussion Panel
Join the Yoga New Zealand Council in a discussion about Yoga in New Zealand. Chairperson: Heather Robinson Council Members: Leanne Davis, Felicity Molloy, Chaitanya Deva, Richard Beddie and Persephone Singfield
Last year we held our first discussion panel at the inaugural Hauora Yoga Conference 2018. As part of that discussion the president of Yoga Australia, Leanne Davis, and the CEO of ExerciseNZ, Richard Beddie, announced that the two organisations were joining forces to support Yoga New Zealand. Many voices were heard during that session and many hands went up to support the merge.
In this years session you will hear from the YogaNZ Council about:
- the actions taken over the last 12 months
- updates to Yoga Teacher registration & Teacher Training
- updates on Yoga Therapy progress internationally and how that impacts NZ Yoga Therapists
- working groups that have started
- ways you can get involved or become connected to YogaNZ
The session will allow for a public discussion on 'where to next'. This is not to be missed should you wish to contribute your energy on the direction of Yoga in our country!
- Learn about the actions YogaNZ has taken since Hauora 2018.
- Meet the YogaNZ Council.
- Understand the support available to Yoga Teachers, Teacher Trainers and Yoga Studios.
- Learn how to become involved in NZ wide working groups for progressing Yoga in our country.
- Add your voice to a powerful discussion about Yoga in NZ.